|Like what you see? Get it in one document for easy printing!|
Use coupon code "SAVE50" to get it half price!
Chapter 1100: Troubleshooting
"We often discover what will do,
by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake
never made a discovery."
The objective of
this chapter is to provide the reader with an understanding of the following:
2.1 Identify common symptoms and
problems associated with each module and have to troubleshoot and isolate
- Processor/memory symptoms; Mouse; Floppy drive
- Parallel ports; Hard drives; DVD; Sound; Sound
- Monitor/video; Motherboards; Modems; BIOS
- USB; NIC; CMOS; Power supply; Slotcovers
- POST audible/visual error codes
- Troubleshooting tools e.g. Multimeter
- Large LBA; LBA
- Cables; Keyboard; Peripherals
2.2 Identify basic troubleshooting
procedures and how to elicit problem symptoms from customers:
- Troubleshooting/isolation problems determination
- Determine whether hardware or software problem
- Gather information from user regarding, e.g.,
- Symptoms/error codes
- Situation when the problem occurred
Getting Ready - Questions
- After replacing a 120MB hard drive
with a 20GB hard drive, the computer can only find 512MB. The solution
is to _________ ______ _______.
- In a large Netware LAN, one computer
cannot see all the servers. The challenge is a _________ ___________.
- Laser cartridges need to be stored
in a _____ and _______ place.
- One computer doesn't show the contents
of a new floppy when exchanged. This probably indicates a _________
Getting Ready - Answers
- flash the BIOS
- frame mismatch
- cool, dark
- damanged floppy cable (pin 34)
|If you find CertiGuide.com useful, please consider making a small Paypal donation to help the site, using one of the buttons below. You can also donate a custom amount using the far right button (not less than $1 please, or PayPal gets most/all of your money!) In lieu of a larger donation, you may wish to consider buying an inexpensive PDF equivalent of the CertiGuide to A+ (Core Hardware) from StudyExam4Less.com. (Use coupon code "SAVE50" to save a full 50% off the already low price!) Thanks for your support!|
Table Of Contents - Contact Us
CertiGuide to A+ (Core Hardware) (http://www.CertiGuide.com/aplush/) on CertiGuide.com
Version 1.0 - Version Date: December 6, 2004
Adapted with permission from a work created by Tcat Houser.
CertiGuide.com Version © Copyright 2004 Charles M. Kozierok. All Rights Reserved.
Not responsible for any loss resulting from the use of this site.